When we completed the video portion of our non-print media course a few weeks ago, Nina said that even if we never used our new skills professionally, we'd at least be able to make better home videos.
It's too early to say whether I'll use my early video journalism experiences in my career, but I'm definitely approaching home videos in a more sophisticated way.
Over the last week or so, my mother has been putting together a digital slide show with photos of just about every family member in our family tree (and there are a lot of leaves on our tree). After experimenting with different audios over the still shots, she realized that with the right timing, she could create a nice effect by matching certain photos with certain bits of music.
And so it came to be that a close-up of my grandma pops up on the screen to the words "then I saw her face" from The Monkees' "I'm a Believer." And a few seconds later, which words from that song are playing when my grandparents' wedding photo comes up? "I'm in love," of course.
Though I can't take credit for what is to certainly be a savvier home video, at least I appreciate the way it's being created.
And maybe when it's time for the next family slide show project, I'll take a more active role in the production.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow can I see that video? It sounds awesome just like your writing skills I aspire to reach your skill level some day!
Post a Comment